This contest is based on fitness and healthy eating, NOT on weight loss ... although none of us are going to complain if that happens. :) Winner gets the pot (or splits it if there is a tie) based on how many points are accumulated throughout the 12 weeks.
Points are given each day based on the following:
- Keeping a food log (1 point per day - must keep it for the whole day)
- Exercising for 30 minutes (1 point max per day -- 1 hour doesn't equal 2 points)
- One point for each serving of fruit/vegetables (up to 5 per day)
- Meeting a personal goal (me time, scripture study, not yelling, etc.) (1 point per day)
- No snacking (1 snack the size of your palm = 0 points; more snacks = -1 point) (If you wonder if it's a snack, it's a snack! Be honest here -- it's for your health!)
- Getting 6+ hours of sleep per night (1 point per day ... adjust as necessary for newborns)
There will also be a bonus point each Monday for those who post to the blog (an entry or comment) about how many points you earned over the past week (and hopefully weight lost! :). The first week there will be a bonus point for posting a "before" picture as well, and the last week there will be a bonus point for posting an "after" picture.
My friend who did a similar contest said the first few weeks she got hardly any points, but she ended up losing a bit of weight and felt great!
I am pumped to start eating healthier, and I'm afraid it will take this contest to finally get me to do it! Also, if you'd like a copy of the food log I plan to use, post your e-mail in the comments as well. (Feel free to use at instead of @ and dot com so it doesn't link as an e-mail.)