Needless to say, if we each recruited a person or two, that would mean the winner would get something like $100 right in time for Christmas.
Points were given each day based on things like the following:
- Keeping a food log
- Exercising for 30 minutes (1 point per day -- 1 hour doesn't equal 2 points)
- One point for each serving of fruit/vegetables (up to 5 per day)
- Meeting a personal goal (me time, scripture study, not yelling, etc.)
- No snacking (1 snack the size of your palm = 0 points; more snacks = -1 point) (If you wonder if it's a snack, it's a snack!)
- Getting 6+ hours of sleep per night
As our kids start school and we're getting into new routines and schedules, it's a perfect time to make sure our fitness is a part of that schedule. I like that this point system isn't based on weight loss, but on overall fitness in general. If we were to start Sept. 1, we could go through Nov. 30 and find out the winner the first of December ...