Monday, March 21, 2011

Leah week 11

70 points this week. I know that I love carbs and keeping track of what I eat every day has really shown me how often I eat them, especially breads/grains. I know that if I really want to lose the extra inches I need to have some intense cardio workouts with muscle toning exercises too. I don't want to give up my carbs so extra exercise is my alternative. I did this challenge to lose the extra baby weight and inches. I wanted to fit into my skinny jeans and need a belt. Well, I have on my skinny jeans and I need a belt so for that I am feeling very happy and quite pleased to be a part of the challenge. I gained a TON of weight this last week so much that I have gained back every pound I lost since the beginning of the challenge (for that I am sad), but I fit my jeans so I must have gained muscle. It's hard to not be so focused on the scale's number. I like being able to say, I weight X amount (isn't that so little!) I was always a double digit size until after my second child and then I lost so much weight, with barely any effort. I went to a size 6 and I loved every minute of it but now after my third child the scale says one thing and my pants say another. Could it be in my old age it's actually harder to lose the weight? I actually have to put effort into this? I can't just sit around and nurse it all away? I think this last week is going to be hard because the end is so near and quite frankly I just want cake :-) But, I know that if I want to achieve my goal, giving up is not an option. I might have a horrible day, or a horrible week, or even a horrible month, but it is my choice to either try harder the next time or say pass the cookies please. If I don't make the effort and try different strategies (I've tried out 5 different exercise routines during this challenge) then I am guaranteed to fail. I do not exist because of failure. I am not on this earth to fail. I can do anything, I just have to take responsibility for my choices and today I choose to follow the guidelines for the challenge and tomorrow I will follow the guidelines and every time I want to give up or just not follow the rules I will remind myself that I said I was going to do this challenge and then I will make the choice to make the effort.

1 comment:

  1. Great reminder. I should have read it sooner -- like a month ago! ;) Glad your pants fit. For me it's also not about the number, but about how I feel about myself. Good luck these last few days!

    ReplyDelete