Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Another option

Okay,
I ran into a friend who had the lap band and she told me I should think about it. I had concerns about it slipping or not being as effective. But the more I think about it, it seems so much safer. I haven't heard of anyone dying yet. The risk of slipping is low especially if you don't stuff yourself.

I now need to start researching it. I am going to have to wait for a while anyway to get some debt paid down. We just bought the car and have one more big payment next month. We ended up refinancing the house, but couldn't get enough equity because of the housing value decline. We actually could of done an FHA loan, but they cost so much more money over the long run. I just couldn't do it. So we got a great deal and will keep paying the amount we have been and we could have it paid for in 18 years. So we need to just be diligent and get the one credit card we have paid off. I have always said that I can't give up spending and eating at the same time. Have to have something to look forward to in life ;)

My sister in law told me about a man who lost about 200 lbs on weight watchers. I have had my mother and sister tell me that they know I can do this on my own. I know people are trying to be helpful, but they wouldn't like it if I told them they could change their faults and weaknesses all at once. That is the sad thing about being fat, your issues announce themselves and you can't hide them like a lot of people do. So many people are hiding so many things!

So I will keep trying to get motivated to lose on my own, but in a year or two, if I am not where I need to be, I will consider the lap band.

No comments:

Post a Comment