Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I'm baaack

Sorry I've not been posting. Gwen, you're doing awesome. Aubrey and Denise I feel your pain. My mother in law was in town 2 weekends ago and even though she is a raw vegan (eats sprouts and stuff that I can't consider nourishment) she brings bad eating with her every time she comes. For 3 days we ate out every meal except breakfast. And even though we tried to go places with healthy choices-like Zupas- she ordered one of every dessert they had, including the fondue! This was not good for any of us, especially my parents who are both diabetic! I felt like crap after she left, luckily before she came I got in 3 days of exercise. And last week after she left I got on the treadmill 3 days. I feel pretty good to just have maintained through all this. Last Friday was my last day of work, so now I should be able to get up at a decent hour and exercise. I did my treadmill yesterday and have been eating better. (Protein shake for breakfast, sugar-free smoothie as an after work-out snack, salad for lunch and veges, lean protein and brown rice for dinner. Sounds boring, but this is the menu that worked for me before.) Hopefully I can lose a couple pounds this week. I've only got 2 months to get weight off before I try and get pregnant again. Hope this works! Good luck to you all-keep working hard. It's not easy but you'll feel so much better because of it.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah Jenn, glad to see you back. I share your pain when it comes to family and finding it hard to stay on track. My mom and sisters tempt at every family gathering. We are going to Cedar city over the Fourth of July, we will see how that goes. I'm looking forward to the day you can report that you will be needing to put on some weight, and hopefully I will be joining you within the next year. I need more than two months though to get off excess weight before I can get pregnant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh-I know I don't plan on losing all of that before I get pg again. I good 15 lbs would be nice though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to get below 200 before my body can even function to get pg. I would also like to out of the plus size clothing before I get pg, so many more options for shopping.

    ReplyDelete