Monday, June 22, 2009

What is it with stress?

I'm going to blame stress on my lack of results thus far.

Last year I helped a friend with a vigorous project for several days and lost 5 pounds. Awesome! Then I started cutting out after-dinner snacks and lost another 5 pounds. Then I started exercising and lost another 5 pounds. I was doing great.

And then I got lazy. I stopped exercising, I slowly went back into eating nighttime snacks, and I gained back all 15 pounds in just a couple of months. What's up with that?

So, I've started to do some of these things again, but my weight just isn't budging. I'll lose a pound here and there, just to regain it back. No, I haven't honed in my eating, and I'm not sure I really can until I get my kitchen back in 2-3 weeks. (In the meantime we're ordering pizza at least 1x per week and doing what we can with as little effort as possible, which usually = unhealthy.) I have cut out anything after dinner. I have been exercising more and more vigorously. Yet I'll lose a pound or two only to gain it right back. What's up with that?

All I can figure is that the stress is holding onto my body fat. That and the whole ketones thing I mentioned earlier since it's hard to eat regularly without a kitchen. Who knew one little room in your house affected so much?!? We've just finished an adoption, have had more drama with MIL, and are doing an addition. Stress, stress, and more stress ...

But I'll enjoy Gwen's success and stick with my efforts in hopes that when I have my kitchen back and can hone in on the eating the pounds will fall off ... I like positive reinforcement and encouragement, and that's exactly what I'm getting from Gwen, so thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment