Monday, June 15, 2009

Okay, I just found out another friend had gastric bypass and she looks amazing. Skinny-minnie. She said she knows that it is just a tool and that she has to change for good or gain the weight back. She also said she feels great and is less tired. I wonder again, is this what I need? I honestly don't know the answer. Can I take the risk when I have eight kids? Will I die much younger if I don't get the weight off? Life is hard sometimes.

I am not doing so good with eating. I want fast food. I want quick and easy and warm and yummy. I am tired. I am achy. Whine, whine, whine. :)

To be positive, I did go walking tonight. But another setback. I have had many times over the years times when I am walking or running and my legs start itching like crazy. I have to stop and get in the bath immediately. It is not just a little itch from sweat. I found out it is an allergic reaction. More research has been done and they have found it is an allergy that manifests when working out. I did take ibuprofen and all my vitamins, including cranberry pills, right before I went running. The article I read said ibuprofen is a common problem. It can cause you to pass out and can be very serious. But when it is itching that bad, you can't keep going. Anyway, I am going to pay attention to what I eat and meds and time it right and see if that works.

I won't give up, even if I have to slow down right now. Change is always possible and hope is always there.

2 comments:

  1. Working out is hard enough when I don't have a medical condition!!! I had no idea there was such a problem. Aren't our bodies just crazy? Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aubrey you can give yourself a break... life is hard, and yours even more so. Remember you want this, you need it. Only you will be able to figure out if bypass is the route you should take, but while you are figuring that out take the first step now to improve your self by eating right. It will help so much, I promise. It's o k to whine a little.

    ReplyDelete