Monday, January 11, 2010

Week 1 points

So I didn't do as well as hoped, but it's soooo good for me to think about exercising and such again. I ended the week with 59 points. I had a tough time exercising -- probably because I haven't even tried for about 6 weeks now. I was doing really well walking with Gwen up until November when it got cold. When I popped in a tape to do last week I felt good and probably overdid it -- when I stood up after doing crunches I totally cramped up. Not good for a woman who just started her 3rd trimester! So, I'm going to try some of the pregnancy workouts from the library. (Anyone got any favorites?) I gave in to treats a couple of times, and of course one was after 8 p.m. so I got to give up two points for it. Good thing it was worth it! :) And I so wish I loved veggies like Jen! I love fruit (which, yes, is a carb), and with my gestational diabetes I can't eat any before lunch time. So, I had a couple of days of not getting four servings of fruits and veggies. Sigh. But it will motivate me to try to get in more, especially so those kids of mine eat more themselves.

Brandi - I hear you about the stress! The week before the challenge started we had our re-fi fall through, a car repair go from $500 to $1,500 and health insurance stresses -- this all just after buying a new dishwasher ... I gained 4 pounds that week alone, so this week of paying better attention to what I eat has been good -- I lost 1-2 pounds (my scale is old-fashioned, and the lines are too small for me to have noticed if I was 227 or 228 before, but now I'm 226).

I have money from Brandi thus far, but it sounds like Jen sent hers? (I'll e-mail you when I get it, Jen.) The rest of you can send it by the end of this week to get the 5 extra points. I also need to get in my own ...

And if anyone is discouraged that they didn't do as well, just remember that sometimes slow and steady wins the race. :) Last challenge there were two of us who started out really strong, and neither of us ended up winning. Just want to put that out there so nobody gets too discouraged right off. Keep up the good work -- I'm so glad that this has been a week of better awareness -- and some weight loss!

No comments:

Post a Comment