Monday, September 14, 2009

Week 2 is through ...

I had a great week. I find it humorous that we all struggle with different things. I've got down the no treats and exercising 4x per week. It's the eating fruits and veggies that I still struggle with. Maybe if I ever grow my own garden I won't struggle w/that. Maybe one day ... In any case, fruit smoothies after dinner helped me on several days. :) Yummy! However, I don't imagine a big helping of fruit smoothies is good right before bed, so I need to work on that. However, I have lost four pounds from the start of this challenge. I'll take it! So, this week I got 66 points (65 + 1 bonus for posting last Monday).

I'll also post a recipe of a dinner we love. We've fed it to LOTS of people who have also enjoyed it. I'm not a fruit and meat kind of girl, so I don't know what possessed me to try this. It's from "Light and Tasty" Magazine, which I had a subscription to several years ago ...

Apple Chicken Quesadillas

2 medium tart apples, diced

1 c. cooked chicken breast, diced

½ c. cheddar cheese, shredded

½ c. mozzarella cheese, shredded

½ c. corn

½ c. fresh tomatoes, chopped

½ c. onion, chopped

¼ t. salt

6 flour tortillas

¾ c. shredded lettuce

¾ c. salsa

6 T. sour cream

Directions:

1. In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Place about ¾ cup on half of each tortilla. Fold tortilla in half over filling and secure with toothpicks. Place on a baking sheet coated with nonstick cooking spray. Bake at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.

2. Carefully turn quesadillas over; bake 5-8 minutes longer or until golden. Discard toothpicks. Cut each quesadilla into three wedges. Serve with lettuce, salsa and sour cream.


I've found that you can also pre-mix the filling and the apples for some reason don't brown.

I'd love any good salad recipes out there, too. But lunch ideas are the best. Thanks Jennifer!

No comments:

Post a Comment